Sandwiches are a staple in my home. Primarily because they are easy and on work days I love being able to whip one up and in very little time.
- 2 Slices of Wheat Bread
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ Avocado (peeled, pitted, and sliced)
- 2 Slices Bacon
- 1 Tbsp. Mayonnaise (Optional)
- ½ Tbsp. Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- Place 2 strips bacon in microwave (cover with paper towel) for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove excess grease with paper towel. Set aside.
- Heat bread in toaster.
- Heat stove-top skillet on medium.
- Add butter to skillet.
- Add eggs to skillet. Turn heat to low. Fry until desired way you like your eggs.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Remove from heat.
- Remove bread from toaster. Add eggs, bacon, and avocado to bottom slice.
- Add mayo and crushed garlic to top slice. Sandwich together.
- Serve immediately.
Being creative in the kitchen is fun. What is your favorite sandwich? Let me know in comments and you never know if we will choose your favorite to feature.
Here is a fun bit of information about the word “Sandwich” According to Answers.com “The naming goes back a long way- 1726. It was named after John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich, an 18th-century English aristocrat, although he was neither the inventor nor sustainer of the food. It is said that he ordered his valet to bring him meat tucked between two pieces of bread, and because Montagu also happened to be the Fourth Earl of Sandwich, others began to order “the same as Sandwich!”
Here are a few more sandwiches that are mouthwatering and delicious!