Did you take a double take when you saw the title? Yes, you did read that right. 🙂
In fact I own 5 but don’t laugh at some point I will tell you why all 5 are very much needed.
Using your Crock Pot to boil eggs can be such a time saver. We all get busy and who wants to watch the stove,
or on those dog days of summer when it just heats up kitchen to uncomfortable.
This came to me one year when we signed up to help with a church Easter Egg Hunt and I was working full time and needed a little help.
Worked like a charm. I highly recommend making eggs this way.
I also use this at Holiday time when I am making Creamed Eggs for Holidays or even Egg Salad Sandwiches for picnics.
Watch for those recipes soon.
Crock Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- Hot Water
- Fill your crock pot with eggs. Make sure not to stack the eggs
- Fill your crock pot with hot water but only enough to just cover the eggs
- 3 Tbsp. Vinegar
(No Peeking) You want the heat to stay in the Crock Pot!
- Set on high for 2 and a half hours.
- You can use medium, if you need more time. 4 1/2 hours works too.
- Run under Cold Water or let cool naturally. Either works.
- Drop us a note and tell us were geniuses haha 🙂
Perfect boiled eggs every time. I have read that you can boil eggs in the crock pot without water, I tried and failed!!
I ended up with scorch marks on the eggs and was not impressed.
This is super simple and always works!
Tip: Because you added Vinegar and Salt your eggs peel super easy without taking half the egg with the shell 🙂
Do you have any time saving tricks? We’d love to hear them. Drop us a comment 🙂