This post is sponsored by DataRank and KC Masterpiece. All thoughts, opinions and recipes are my own.
:: KC Masterpiece BBQ Portabella Quesadillas Recipe ::
Summertime!!! I always enjoy the change of seasons; it makes me happy to welcome new sights, sounds, smells, tastes. The palate of summertime is highlighted with such deep, rich, smoky and slightly sweet flavor with KC Masterpiece – such an easy way to make your summer meals shine!
I used diced portabella mushrooms and strained, canned green chilies for the filling – I love the flavors of these two foods but I had never used them in combination with a sauce before. In order for the quesadilla to hold its form, I wanted to be sure much of the moisture in the filling had cooked off. (Mushrooms can tend to release a lot of moisture.)
I sautéd the mushrooms and chilies with KC Masterpiece steakhouse bbq sauce (see recipe below) for about 5 minutes making sure the mixture still retained enough moisture to make the quesadillas delicious!
Covering the whole tortilla with the mushroom mixture and just half with cheese, fold tortilla in half to begin browning the first side. This comes together so quickly – and that’s mandatory if a recipe makes my “keeper” pile!
This recipe began as a fun experiment, but will be one of my favorite go-to’s for a quick delicious meal! Let us know if you decide to try the recipe or build on it with a variation of your own! I’d love to learn from you.
- 8 oz pkg portabella mushrooms, diced
- 1 can diced green chilies, drained
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 4 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce
- Garnish: chipotle sour cream & cilantro *optional
- Saute mushrooms, chilies and bbq sauce until much (but not all) moisture has cooked off
- In clean skillet, place flour tortilla and use approximately 1/3 cup mushroom mixture spread over surface
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese on half of the tortilla and fold over
- Brown lightly on both sides
- Garnish with chipotle sour cream and cilantro