Quick and Easy Egg Casserole Recipe
I’m going to be transparent with you.
A lot of nights I cook like this.
I get behind on time with everything on the farm that needs my attention, and when dinnertime rolls around it’s far too common that I’m flying through the kitchen whipping something up off the cuff. This is one of the dishes that was a result of my scurrying and one version or another of it has become a weekly meal for us.
And they pack such a powerful protein punch!
- 1 bag (1 lb 6 oz) of frozen broccoli flowerets, defrosted and chopped in food processor (or spinach)
- 2 cups cheddar or mexican blend shredded cheese
- 18 eggs
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350
- Butter 9x13 baking dish
- Place broccoli or spinach in across bottom of pan
- Sprinkle cheese over broccoli
- In a mixing bowl combine remaining ingredients and mix until thoroughly incorporated
- Pour over broccoli and cheese
- Bake for 40 minutes or until center is set
- Serve with Sourdough Toast
This recipe visits us weekly, as I mentioned. Sometimes I use sliced, leftover sweet potatoes for a ‘crust’, or maybe the main vegetable or seasonings are different.
Be sure to check out our other recipes like
I fall back on this recipe constantly and it never lets me down! A great warm up item for hubby’s lunch the next day too! I hope you enjoy!!!