Raspberry Crumble Bars Recipe
I love to cook, bake, and eat. I love when family and friends stop by for a little chat and I have something baked for us to enjoy with a warm cup of coffee. One of my favorite things to make is a Raspberry Crumble Bar. They are very delicious and go great with a cup of coffee. To top it off, they are very simple to prepare and bake. You could also prepare them a day ahead so they are ready to plop in the oven when you are ready to bake them.
According to The World’s Healthiest Foods, raspberries are one of the healthiest fruits you could possibly eat. Not only are they full of antioxidants, but they also have anti-cancer benefits. When you enjoy this delicious dessert, you don’t have to worry about gaining extra pounds. Why you may be asking? Well have you ever heard of Raspberry Ketone? An enzyme reaction happens when you eat a raspberry, which may result in less digestion and absorption of fats. So you can literally have your cake and eat it too!! Or better yet eat my Raspberry Crumble Bars
Now on to my Raspberry Crumble Bars Recipe
- 2½ cups flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup packed light-brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temp
- 1 cup of Raspberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray an 8 by 8-inch baking dish with Pam baking spray
- Using a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, salt and brown sugar whisk to combine
- Use your fingertips as needed to break up the brown sugar.
- Add butter, and using your fingers / hands , mix the butter into mixture- it will resemble small crumbs
- Prepare the raspberries by adding them in a bowl with the sugar and cornstarch and mix using an electric mixer on low until combined
- Use ¾ of the crumb mixture and place in the baking pan.
- Press the mixture evenly throughout the pan to create a crust
- Spread raspberry mixture over the crust, leaving about a ¼-inch of all edges.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture all over the raspberries and lightly pressing down
- Bake in preheated oven for 3o - 32 minutes, until a light golden brown on top
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting into squares.
What is your favorite way to enjoy raspberries?