Sourdough Bread Recipe
This recipe is so incredible – and I’m excited to share it with you!
Let’s face it – the cost of bread is getting ridiculous. We were on strict rations around here! But not anymore. This sourdough bread recipe made from a sourdough starter I keep fed everyday has really been a joy in our home! It’s incredibly easy and fail-proof!
Toast for everyone!!!
- 3 cups of sourdough starter
- 4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp salt
- Combine all ingredients in counter top mixer
- Mix at medium speed for 5 minutes or knead by hand on floured counter between 10-15 min
- Check to make sure dough is not developing too moist, add a bit of flour accordingly
- Generously butter 2 bread pans
- Transfer dough to bread pans
- Dust generously with corn meal or oats
- Cover loosely with wax paper
- Allow to rise 4-6 hours in cooler months or as little as 3 hours in warm months
- Bake 25 min at 390 degrees (remove wax paper and take bread pans out while oven preheats!)
- Turn out immediately onto cooling rack
Please let us know if you enjoy the recipe! Do you have any favorite way s to use your sourdough bread?
Here is a collection of our Sour Dough Recipes for you to enjoy!
Sour Dough Parmesan Garlic Cracker Recipe HERE
Sourdough Rosemary Sea Salt Cracker Recipe HERE
Easy Sourdough Biscuits Recipe HERE
Sour Dough Tortillas Recipe HERE
Make your Own Sour Dough Starter Here