:: Zucchini Tomato Summer Pasta Recipe ::
I am such a fan of Pasta anytime. It must be the Italian in me but I find it so soothing and pleasing to the palate. Our garden is finally coming in and I am loving the fact you I can create masterpiece food and be so proud!
I also adore Zucchini it is one of those vegetables that is so versatile. I used to work in an Emergency Room many moons ago and remember our on Duty Doctor saying how wonderful it was for you he said “It is a very good source of potassium” Something I always run low on. Potassium is a heart friendly electrolyte and helps helps in the reduction for blood pressure and heart rates by countering pressure-effects of sodium. That is important to know because now I live in the south and many around me are suffering from High Blood Pressure and eat way to much sodium. In my opinion. Haha. So I cook with it all the time. Well maybe just in my extended family! 🙂
This is such a great recipe with Garlic Bread and a Salad. I also love that if you do have any leftovers they are even more delicious the next day 🙂
- • 3 tbsp olive oil
- • 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- • 2 garlic cloves, minced
- • 1 package sliced baby portabella mushrooms (about 1 1/2 cups)
- • 2 large zucchinis, sliced into quarter inches
- • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- • 1 large handful of fresh basil, chopped finely
- • 2 tsp of fresh parsley
- • 1 15oz. can of diced tomatoes
- • 1 15oz. can of garbanzo beans, rinsed (aka chickpeas)
- • 1 box of whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 1. In a large sauté pan, warm olive oil on medium high heat. Add diced onions and minced garlic, stirring frequently taking care that your garlic does not burn. Cook until onions are transparent.
- 2. Add mushrooms, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, basil and parsley and sauté for about 5 minutes, until zucchini are soft and translucent.
- 3. Add diced tomatoes and garbanzo beans and cover. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4. Prepare macaroni according to packaging, drain and cover with zucchini garbanzo bean mixture.
- 5. (Optional) Add fresh ricotta or grated cheese to taste.
Do you have a special Pasta Salad? Drop us a comment and let us know.