Spooky Ice Cream Sandwich Bats
Here is a super fun and incredibly easy Halloween treat you can make at home with the kids! These would make an adorable addition to any Halloween party table but they are also so easy they would be perfect for a weeknight dessert option. Reward those kiddos for being so good with a fun, tasty, treat. With a little bit of supervision this is even something the kids could help you make. These spooky ice cream sandwich bats are so cute and super fun for the holiday season. Who wouldn’t love to eat an ice cream sandwich…shaped like a cute little bat! I know I would and I think you will enjoy them too. Try picking up some different flavors of ice cream sandwiches to include a variety of flavors for your spooky ice cream sandwich bats.
Box of ice cream sandwiches
Bat cookie cutter
Bowl of cold water
Wilton candy eyes
Wilton white icing gel
- Make sure the ice cream sandwiches have been in the freezer for at least a few hours. If they are too soft, they will not cut evenly with the cookie cutter.
- Place a frozen ice cream sandwich on a cutting board. Dip the cookie cutter lightly into the bowl of water.
- Shake off any excess water.
- Place the bat cookie cutter on top of the ice cream sandwich and press down firmly till you feel the cookie cutter reach the cutting board.
- Use a knife to cut away the excess ice cream sandwich from the cookie cutter.
- Pick up the cookie cutter with both hands and use both thumbs to push it thru the cutter. Be sure to do this gently so the sandwich part does not break.
- Cover with foil and re-freeze.
- Repeat steps 1-5 until you have the desired amount of bat ice cream sandwiches.
- Before serving, dab a small amount of the icing gel on the back of two candy eyes and place on each bat.
- Squeeze 2 small lines of the white gel to resemble fangs.
These Spooky Ice Cream Sandwich Bats are so much fun to make. They look beautiful on your table and everyone compliments you. I love my white dishes because they are freezer safe and that makes going from Freezer to Table so easy.
We would love to see a picture if you recreate our Bats feel free to drop us a line or comment 🙂
To see all of our Halloween Posts including Mummy’s, Spooky Eyeball Cupcakes and more. Simply click HERE!