Yum! Don’t you love Strawberries? I do! I even grow them and can’t wait until this years crop comes in. As you may know we made a Maraschino Cherry Frosting that so many of you loved. I Thank You! That lead me to make Strawberry Whipped Cream Frosting. This is amazing! It is my Father’s favorite kind and he requests it often. We not only use it on cupcakes but use it on French Toast, Cakes, Donuts and so many other things. It really is that good.
- Strawberry Frosting:
- 1 C Butter (room temp)
- 4 + C Powdered sugar
- 4 TBSP Heavy whipping cream
- 10 Fresh strawberries, puree
- Add 10 fresh cut strawberries (with stem removed ) to a food processor.
- Puree until done.
- Frosting Directions:
- Beat butter until creamed.
- Add powdered sugar.
- Cream both until light and creamy.
- If not creaming add whipping cream.
- Add pureed strawberries.
- Mix the strawberry puree with the butter and powdered sugar.
- Test to see if the frosting can make and hold a stiff peak.
- If not add ½ C powdered sugar.
- Test again to make sure the frosting can make and hold a stiff peak.
Strawberry Whipped Cream Frosting is just wonderful on so many desserts. If you need a super quick and delicious recipe simply buy a pound cake, slice and top with Strawberry Whipped Cream Frosting and garnish with a Strawberry. If your like me you have company all times of the day. I love being able to whip something up in the spur of the moment. I will let you in on a little tip. Both our Maraschino Cherry Frosting and Strawberry Whipped Cream Frosting store well in the fridge. They also make a beautiful and delicious topping for French Toast which I tend to make when I know the frosting needs to be used up. How will you use Strawberry Whipped Cream Frosting??